All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, March 24, 2007

A day unplugged

It was wonderful….really truly. No work, no phone, left my cell at home…I don’t do enough of that.

I eased into my day….drank coffee outside on my porch swing with knitting in hand. Took my sweet time getting dressed, went to my LYS and picked up some goodies for my secret pal, which will be in the post and on its way on Monday. Picked up sushi for dinner, had a beer, got in the hot tub, watched some boob tube and slept….Slept so hard that I actually overslept and was nearly late for work this morning.

I could really get use to doing that everyday….I wouldn’t miss my job (much)…well at least for a month or so. The Europeans really have the right idea with longer holidays. In America you’re luck if you get a week (two tops) off. That just isn’t enough time to decompress and stop hating work.

I heard back for my SP’s local yarn shop and my plan is doable. She’ll be receiving something for them either in the post or if she lives close enough they will bring it to her house. This way she gets something right away, since the post from the US to UK might take a little while. Shhhhh….don’t tell, it’s a secret.

No comments: