All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Guess I’ve turned into a fiber snob….natural fibers are by far my favorites….novelty yarn gives me a rash ;)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My straight bamboo needles live in a vase on my dresser (hey it’s art…ok?) my double points are in a plastic stackable organizer (which seriously needs organizing) and my circulars live in their Denise ‘box’.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My grandmother introduced me to knitting. I’m a beginner in some things an intermediate in others….and advanced in my dreams. ;)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes I do….on the side bar somewhere.

5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavender, rose, carnation, sandalwood, patchouli….not very found of fruity smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have diabetes so I don’t indulge my sweet tooth often….BUT Welch’s makes these fruit snacks which are kinda like gummy bears only fruit shaped….YUMMY.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don’t spin….yet ;) I do have a knitting board which I LOVE and I make soap, candles and jewelry.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like rock and blues and Cajun stuff….New Orleans Jazz and bluegrass and SOME country. Rap makes me break out in hives.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love earth tones….and greens and blues. Just can’t do pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband and our two boxers Brutus and Janis. Our adult daughter moved back home with our granddaughter temporarily (please God let it be temporarily)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Not very often but I do LOVE ponchos and shawls and wraps.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks…

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks and a wrap

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I do very much!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I’ve bent all my bamboo double points SO I have to go out and buy some aluminum or plastic (knitting too many socks) I’m swearing off bamboo for awhile until I stop snapping and bending all of them. :/

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I got a yarn winder from my last SP and I love it. No swift yet.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Well….I hate to admit….6 months (a poncho) and 8 months (a blanket from HELL)

18. What is your favorite holiday? I LOVE Halloween!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Pigs…I love pigs… Wade 'whimsey-on-why' houses….Boxer dog figurines, and anything 'tea' related.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscription to “YARN” from Australia (LOVE IT!!) other then that…I love to get my hands on all kinds of fiber related things.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Socks on circulars and socks toe up.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep…I knit socks. I wear a US 71/2

23. When is your birthday? August 18th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes I am…although work hasn’t allowed me to really spend much time there….my id is: Monika

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monika,

Happy Birthday! I hope you're having lots of fun today. I can't wait to start spoiling you :)

SP11