All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Monday, April 30, 2007

FO and a found computer cable

Found it! Houston we have pictures.

First are the April socks for the Sock a Month KAL3

Notice the sock forms…..look close…..those are boxers cut out on the forms! How cool is that! These were gifted to me by my secret pal and waiting for me when I got home from work on Saturday. I LOVE them.

On to the socks….knitted from a pattern in ‘Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. Elongated rib, which is the same pattern I used for ‘Sweetness’s’ socks. Such an easy pattern repeat and so much fun to knit. The yarn was also gifted to me by my secret pal….it’s from Tidal Brook Yarns, Fleece Artist, 100% hand dyed merino. It went from this:

To this:

The socks fit me perfectly but it’s 80 degrees in Texas, so wool sock wearing weather has passed for the time being.

Next I finished the baby cardigan for my friends daughters baby in time to gift it to her at her baby shower.

I also managed to whip up a pair of matching booties. I paired it with a cute little lacey top with matching pants which rounded out my gift nicely. I got a lot of complements on it…..I’m pretty pleased.


Not pictured but also started and completed this weekend was a bath mitt for Mr. Man knitted in 100% cotton….

Yes I was a knitting fool.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, what great knitting. I love those socks. And the baby sweater and booties came out so cute. Great job!