All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Secret Pal strikes again

Waiting for me when I got home from work last night was this:



No…that’s not an actual picture of ‘my’ wool winder…but I can't find my camera. I’d bet money ‘the daughter’ has it…..she will be flogged….come to think of it... I think she has my favorite pair of shoes too….rotten child.

Anyway…..

I spent an hour watching American Idol (why haven’t they voted Sanjaya off yet? Really why?) and winding yarn into perfect flat bottom center pull ‘balls’….I now have a dozen or so sitting in my stash looking pretty. ;) Mr. Man actually asked me if I was going to wind every single skein I had “right now”…..ahh? I kinda thought I might? Why is that obsessive?

Thank you so much secret pal….what a great little gadget

2 comments:

Lori Rode said...

I love my swift and ball winder! I love winding the yarn and seeing and sometimes touching every bit of it. I may do some winding this weekend. What fun!! You are indeed a lucky gal!

Karen said...

Oh yes, a ball winder is a MUST HAVE!!! I think I'd be lost without mine.

Thanks for you comment about my semi-Splenda cookies. However, I don't think eating cookies with some real sugar makes you a bad diabetic. You obviously know the grams of carbs, so I'm betting you can work them into your diet. I'm a firm believer of moderation over deprivation. The Splenda taste doesn't bother me much though - I've been diabetic since I was 12 and all we had was saccharin. Now THAT was some nasty tasting stuff!! :)