All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Friday, April 20, 2007

Last night I ‘went-a-searching’

Hunting for computer cable-age …..bound and determined to find the interface cable for my camera. As I dug through my desk I found just about everything else….but the damn cable. Left over yarn, lancets, test strips (how the heck do these little buggers end up all over the damn place) mingled in between ‘important’ papers. I’m a packrat….bordering on slob. I have cables to printers I don’t own anymore….connectors to things I can’t identify and bread ties. ??? Bread ties? Weird.

One thing led to another and I decided that I should clear / organize my yarn. More bits and pieces of fiber in shopping bags hanging on doorknobs of every closet in this house. Yarn….pattern directions….knitting needles….test stripes…..wait? Yep test strips….damn; I’m finding these suckers everywhere.

This of course led to my cleaning out my purse. Apparently I’m incapable of throwing out any receipt….no matter how insignificant. Chap stick with enough lint on it to make it difficult to determine what kind it once was. Phone numbers written on little pieces of scrap paper with no names to identify to whom the number belongs (that’s always helpful) Knitting needles, yarn bands, cell phone, makeup, glucose meter, empty test strip vile…. and more lancets and test strips lose on the bottom.

As I type (at work) looking to my right….on the floor….in front of my scanner….I spy another test strip. ~sigh~

And still….no damn camera interface cable.

No comments: