All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I got Stitch Markers

Pretty itty bitty ones....red....from my secret pal. Thanks Pal!

Pictures to follow, hopefully tonight, when I find the cable for my camera....because if it's not one thing it's another.

I finished knitting all the pieces to the baby cardigan I’m making for the shower on the 28th. It’s cute….super fast easy knit because it’s basically 5 rectangles. The pattern calls for a garter stitch but I did it in a seed just to change things a bit. Pattern is here and was featured on an episode of The Carol Duvall show. All I have left to do is seam it together, once I figure out which seaming technique best suits the seed stitch pattern (Ideas? Comments? Suggestions?) ….I plan on attaching little pink ribbons randomly on the front and back and add a pink ribbon tie. Like the picture below (also from Carol Duvall's site)....but I'm not weaving ribbon around the bottom. Let's hope mine turns out even half as nice...I'm horible at 'finishing' and seaming. It really seems to be an area where my skills are lacking.


I also knitted some matching baby booties using the same yarn (Baby Bee – Little Britches ‘frolic’) which is a black yarn with pink and white weaved into it that I found hiding in my stash. Still need to buy the ribbon and a pink shirt and black baby pants to complete the gift. Wish me luck.

My April socks are still unfinished…..looks like I’ll be cutting it close again this month. But I really needed to get this baby gift figured out and finished.

1 comment:

Karen said...

How cute!!! I thought that was your sweater, but now that I've read your post I think yours will be even cuter!! Hope you find the camera cable soon, 'cuz I can't wait to see everything!!