All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The new 'Mag' in town and Easter doings

Got my first YARN magazine in the mail yesterday. I love it (thanks again Secret Pal). It's full of great articles (one on using a spindle....which I really really want to try) and some real nifty patterns. So in between working on my April socks and the poncho from hell, I read the thing cover to cover.

'Sweetness' had a Barbie Easter....Barbie basket, with a Barbie doll and Barbie candy....she couldn't have been happier, although she took Barbie’s hair out of its perfect ponytail and noticed she was bald. The manufacture had only given her enough hair for a ponytail. Guess they didn't count on a 5-year-old hairstylist….silly manufactures, don’t they know the very first thing a 5-year-old does with a new doll is its hair? ‘Sweetness’ got a kick out of it and spent the rest of the day showing everyone Barbie’s bald head…..yep, hours of amusement.

No comments: