All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Randomness for a Saturday

Stuck at work today….and I’m just about as happy as a person can be that’s stuck at work on a Saturday. In case you missed it that would be sarcasm.

Much clock watching going on….is it 3pm yet?

We had a major storm here yesterday. I was caught completely off guard even though the weathermen (persons) had warned us all day about the potential. Friday nights are my hot tub nights….a glass of wine and a soak in 110 degree water under the stars. It’s a ritual I rarely miss. So true to form I was neck deep in water when I noticed the lightening….and then preceded to disregard it thinking it was nothing….Plenty of time for a soak before the weather reached me. Ahhh….wrong….one big ‘crack’ and the sky completely opened up. In the time it took me to jump out of the tub, grab my clothes, put them on (can’t very well run naked across the yard….well I could, but I’m trying not to scare small children) and run to the house I was drenched head to toe and the lighting was directly above me. When I reached the house….out of breath and dripping, Mr. Man took one look at me and said “you know there’s a tornado warning….right?”….do now, damn it, thanks for the heads up….sheesh…

It did blow in a nice cold front that knocked the humidity out of the air, but the wind was pretty bad and today….well 20 mile an hour gusts are predicted which made driving into work this morning thrilling.

I’ve managed to make it to the heel flap on my April socks….talk about taking it slow. I’m only able to work on them a little bit at a time before my fingers start complaining. Old age stinks. These socks sure are pretty and taking this slowly while frustrating because I want them done now…is keeping me from making mistakes. They are turning out great.

I have a baby shower to attend on the 28th and I had hoped / planned on knitting something ‘baby’ inspired but I haven’t even started yet….ok….haven’t even picked a pattern….yarn….nothing. I need to find something quick and easy and I need to find it….yesterday.

Off to search the web for some inspiration.

No comments: