All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Monday, November 26, 2007

Ok…I’ll admit it

Getting goodies in the mail brings out the 5-year-old in me.

Today after an unbelievable ugly day at work I had this waiting for me on the kitchen table:

Ok….it was packed and wrapped up in lovely white tissue paper each sealed with little winter themed stickers.

I am slightly more mature then I was at age 5…..I did manage to open the card first:

It revealed my SP11’s identity…..Penny from pennylane.blogspot.com

Lookie….Lookie…..This is “The Magic Loop” by Sarah Hauschka’s….Penny also included Knit Picks circulars 32” size 1.


And just incase that wasn’t exciting enough Penny also included this:

Yes….that’s right Cat Bordhi’s “Socks Soar on Two Circulars Needles” complete with two Knit Picks circulars 16” size 1….WOW….I mean….really WOW!!

But wait….there’s more! The first yarn is 80% merino/20% nylon hand dyed by Penny herself….it’s beautiful! The second one is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in Moody Blues….I’ve always wanted to try Cherry Tree Hill….yes I’m new. ;)


Next Penny included some “Soak” in citrus….and some Wild Honeysuckle body lotion. I love it!



Last the surprise that made me smile the most:

SUGAR FREE Twizzlers! This managed to reduce me to a giggling fool. Seriously Strawberry twists….sugar free. You can’t even believe how thoughtful and wonderful a gift that was.

Penny, you are amazing! I can’t thank you enough!

The promised pictures of Mr. Mans booties will have to wait until I have a chance to wash them. They ended up on his feet about 2 seconds after they came off the needles and now are much too sticky to get close too. :) good thing I love that man.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I'm so glad you like it all! I'm a big Magic Loop convert myself, and barely use my dpns anymore. I had a great time spoiling you!

Penny