All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I completely SUCK

In the blogging department these days. For that I sincerely apologize. My real life (not to be confused with my online life) has been turned upside down and I’m dealing with it (or not dealing with it depending on who you ask) the best I can.

My office is a wreck…..it looks like a bomb went off on my desk. Given that we’re moving in a mere 9 days you would expect there would be boxes everywhere. You would be wrong. I have not managed to pack a single thing. Not in my office and certainly not in the rest of the warehouse. Nothing, nada, zilch….not because I haven’t wanted to pack (ok…’wanted’ might be too strong of a word here) but because neither of the new warehouses are even close to move in ready. Add to that Turkey Day breaking a perfectly good week up and my employees insisting on actually being with their families (the nerve) and people wanting to celebrate their holiday down time by going to concerts (again…the nerve) building and moving progress is painfully slow. Yesterday the electrician cut through the main water pipe at the warehouse across the street….so today the plumber is doing his best to fix it. This entire move has been a case of “if it can go wrong it will go wrong”.

I’m not knitting much….a few rows on the two projects I’m dying to finish (Mr. Mans booties and the Debbie Bliss silk shawl) each day is all I can muster. Last night I fell asleep with the booties in my hand, in mid row. I woke up at 3 am with a sharp pain in my ‘arse’ thanks to a metal knitting needle and yarn tangled around my arm. No stitches lost thank goodness….the knitting muse had pity on me.

The last goodie box for my SP11 is nearly done….yarn and knick knacks with an Austin flare. I’m hoping it makes up for my lack of participation in her blogging world and this hasn’t been a completely underwhelming experience for her.

To my upstream pal, I send my apologizes….it’s no fun to spoil someone who rarely posts and whose glimpse of life are chaotic with little or no fiber content. I hope once her name is reveled she’ll give me the opportunity to make it up to her.

Ok….must run….the drywall guy just ran over to inform me he broke one of the ceiling light fixtures….sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize to me! I know ALL about life getting in the way of my plans. Just hang in there - if I lived closer, I'd come help you pack :D

SP11

Mac's niece said...

Happy Thanksgiving - from your SP10 partner!

There will surely be a lull after the storm! Hang in there.