All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, November 10, 2007

No rest for the weary

I always look forward to this time of year….things slow down at work and I have more time for friends, family and my favorite pastime….knitting.

Not this year….this year work as been steady, with shows every weekend and here and there in the middle of the week. Add to that the unexpected office move and things are darn right hectic around here. We thought we would have 4 mouths to leisurely move 12 years of crap only to find out this week that we have until the end of November or be charged triple rent. Triple rent in addition to paying rent on the two new places while we remodel is undoable if we plan on keeping the business going. We just don’t make enough money to take on that kind of expense. So we’re scrambling….rushing to finish remodeling the small warehouse across the street enough to make it at least workable for us…..scrambling to build the infrastructure of the big warehouse enough so it’s ready to except our gear….all while continuing to do concerts and PA’s because this year business just hasn’t slowed down at all. Go figure.

My office is a complete disaster….my employees are a bit freaked out over all the changes. So am I but I have to keep it together and try to project a little confidence that everything is under control….We’re flying by the seat of our pants.

Other then that….things are fine. **insert hysterical laughter here**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a ton of stress for you! Take care of yourself, and just take it a day at a time, if that's possible ;)

I think I finally have everything together for your final package! I plan to box it up this weekend, and mail either Saturday or Monday :)

SP11