All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Unplugged and other thrilling stuff

I took the day off yesterday…..it’s the calm before the storm (festival season) and might very well be the last time I get this kind of time off until after SXSW. Yes I might actually get a day off here and there….what I mean by ‘this kind of time off’ is that I went completely ‘unplugged’. No phone, no cell phone, no computer (ok I DID watch some boob-tube, but I’m not counting that….so there) just me and my knitting. It was heaven….really….truly. I should do that more often. I put dinner (carnitas…yummy) in the slow cooker, climbed back in bed, made sure my knitting was handy, turned off the phones, turned on the TV and that was all-she-wrote. Loved it.

I made a serious dent in the ‘oh my gawd those are huge’ socks I’ve been working on as my SAM3 February sockage. Yes I named them….and as the name implies these suckers are HUGE so once again they will belong to Mr. Man, who tried them on for me yesterday…..yes damn it, they fit him perfectly. Really must learn to check gauge….either that or just resolve myself to NEVER knitting myself a pair of socks. I’m entering the homestretch, toe decreases are all I have left to do.

Played around with my brand spanking new knitting board (the smaller one)….experimented with different yarns….I really think that bulky works better. I’m getting the hang of it and trying out different stitches. Once I get the socks finished I’m going to start on a sweater using the big board. Meanwhile I’m just practicing knitting up swatches, learning to knit loosely and seeing what I can come up with.

Joined Secret Pal 10….this is my first secret pal and I’m really looking forward to it. I just love the idea of spoiling another knitter with cool fun stuff and of course getting spoiled in return.

I’m going to be a lazy sod and post this to all three blogs….so there.

No comments: