All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Monday, February 26, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love super soft yarn and I’m really open to trying different kinds. I lean towards natural fibers. The only kinds I’m not fond of are scratchy and overly sparkly. Not a big fan of novelty yarns or Red Heart.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now they live in a plastic bin or in the plastic grocery bag that’s holding my current project….I’ve been meaning to remedy that but haven’t yet.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My grandmother taught me when I was 12 but I only got really hooked about a year ago. I think of myself as a beginner with intermediate leanings and advanced moments.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep...it's over there, on the side....in all it's glory.

5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavender, roses, Ylang Ylang, honeysuckle, lemon….herb or light fresh scents. Not really fond of overly fruity things.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I LOVE sweets but I’m diabetic….yep…it sucks. so sugarfree candy works for me....although I've been known to have a piece of really dark chocolate every once in awhile and sugarfree gummy bears rock my world.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? No spinning but I'd love to learn….I have a knitting board which I love and I make soap and candles and jewelry.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Classic rock, blues, New Orleans Jazz, Zydeco…funky stuff.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Not really a ‘pink’ girl….love blues, greens, orange…rust and earth tones.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I’m married, have two grown children (a son and a daughter) two grandchildren (both girls) and two boxers (Brutus and Janis). I'm a complete and total dog person and one of my boxers (Janis) is my show dog i.e 'money pit'.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes and yes! I love fingerless gloves best of all….and ponchos ROCK (ok....stop laughing....no really...stop) ;) I love hats but they have to be right for my head because I have curly red hair and i'm not going for that bozo the clown puffy earmuff head thing.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? SOCKS! By far my favorite.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks… the never ending blanket from hell, and a poncho (yes I’m hopelessly lost in the 70’s...and really stop with the laughing already).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Homemade gifts are great.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I think I own every size of straight needles (bamboo) and my mother just got me a Denise interchangeable needle set...which rock and are so much fun to knit with. Bamboo or plastic are my favorites.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No to both….again it’s on my list of gadgets to get.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? a blanket for granddaughter #1....the ugliest thing on the face of the earth, about a year old.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, I love it...it use to be because of the chocolate ;) now it’s because of the granddaughters.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Wade 'whimsey-on-why' houses, Boxer dog figurines, and anything 'tea' related.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No subscriptions yet…and I’m so new at this I’m dying to get my hands on anything…

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Toe up socks and to knit two socks on two circular needles.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep…US woman’s size 7 ½ average

23. When is your birthday? August 18th

No comments: