All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Saturday plans

My 3 o’clock cancelled and the daughter just called to let me know that she won’t need me to pick her up at 7 so I’m free….done for the day.

Think I’ll head to Hill Country Weavers to pick up some of that yummy yarn I visited the other day.

I owe the daughter a pair of fetching…I’ve been putting these off and now I’m starting to feel guilty about it. Sweetness (the granddaughter) has repeatedly asked me to make her a pair of slippers….so off to find just the right wooly goodness for her.

My February socks are coming along fine, after a slight setback. I got all the way to the heel flap and hated the pattern….it was just too big, so I frogged them….both….again. sheesh. But that’s what I get for not checking gauge. This yarn I’m using (really need to find the label so I know what the heck it is) is really ‘busy’ so most patterns get lost. I decided to just stick to a real basic K1, P1 for the entire thing….and hopeful with it being that simple I can actually finish the damn pair.

Oh and my mother not only bought me the 28” knitting board but also the 11”….they should be here in a week. I’m pretty darn excited.

Enough rambling….off to spend money….shhhh….don’t tell Mr. Man.

**tomorrow is the Knitty Gritty marathon, I plan on spending my day in my pj’s with knitting in hand, glued to the tube. Vickie will be blogging live during the marathon....check it out http://blogs.diynetwork.com/diy/knit/

1 comment:

Lori Rode said...

I watched that silly football game and knitted the gussets on my socks. Hope you had fun!