All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Something to pick up my spirits

It’s been a busy stressful few weeks. Work and daughter issues….weddings and…well….life in general. My nerves and frankly my dispassion have been stretched to their limit.

But last night I came home to a little something from my secret pal that really made my week.



Some wonderful cuticle cream (everyone is trying to steal it from me) some postcards from Australia (that Sweetness claimed as hers) a truly cute sheep card (that I had to pry out of the daughters hands) and yarn…..Littlewood Fleece (8 ply), in the most amazing shades of gold, blue and just a hint of green.



It took me no time at all to cast on and start knitting myself a shawl / wrap with it. In fact it matches the colors of my favorite sleeveless dress nearly perfectly.

Thank you SO much secret pal…

2 comments:

Karen said...

What beautiful yarn and great treats. Sounds like it was just the little pick-me-up you needed. Hang in there, and I hope things settle down soon.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are pleased with the little parcel and looking forward to seeing the progress of that shawl!

Do hope all your stresses fade away soon.

Wishing you a good weekend and now preparing for the reveal in June.

Your Secret Pal!