All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Monday, May 28, 2007

Socks, socks and more socks

Well not really but what the heck….

The May socks are done, but I can't post a proper picture right now since my mother reads my blog and this pair are being gifted to her. Got to say I really like this pair and that yarn is really pretty. I’m sure she’s going to like them. They’ll be off in the mail first thing tomorrow. Heres a little tease.....

Aren't they pretty? ;)

On to the daughters socks…..I still haven’t found a pattern for toe socks. Her second choice were socks with no toes so it looks like that’s the direction I’ll be heading unless a pattern falls from the sky in the next few days.

No pictures yet of the shawl ….it’s at the stage where it isn’t much to look at right now. I’ve opted to do it in a garter with a YO increase at the beginning of each row. (SL 1, K1, YO, K to end) BORING I know, but it really shows off the amazing colors of this yarn and will be casual enough to wear with jeans or my sleeveless dress. I have a feeling that this shawl will be a wardrobe staple which I will wear nonstop.

That’s all for now….I’m at work until 3pm.

1 comment:

Knittygoodness said...

NIC!!!

Thanks So much....I've been googling this for weeks with no luck. Printed the pattern out and I'll give it a go!

Monika