All the Fiber, None of the Fat

Friday, January 12, 2007

I called in ‘sick’ yesterday

I wasn’t ‘ill’, just sick of working, so I said the hell with it and called in. I had lofty ideas of all the things I could get done while I wasn’t at work. None of which I actually did.

That’s right, I got nothing productive accomplished. Well except knitting. ;) I got tons of knitting done. Finished the scarf from hell and one sock….of course I did cast on another slipper and a hat. So I’m back to where I started.

I have an appointment with Dr. N next week….Monday to have the blood work done and Friday to get the results. Hopefully my thyroid levels are less funky and we can stop playing around with my dosage. I’m also having my A1c….this is the big one, since my numbers have been creeping up every 3 months like clockwork. Weight is still good but my BG levels have been wonky again (still) and I haven’t make it to the gym in a few days (slacker me) so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I’m hanging out somewhere around 7 again. I’ve had that steady climb from 5.8 to 6.8 since July even though my weight has dropped.

Sweetness and Light is spending the weekend with us and is at that lovely ‘never-stop-talking- stage. Seriously she talks none stop….even when she’s in her room playing by herself….even when she’s taking a bath….in between spoonfuls of oatmeal.


Give me strength….

No comments: